Thursday, August 20, 2015

Just Realized Something

Prior to Hurricane Katrina, my blog didn't have many readers, But after it happened, I gained an audience. Before the audience, I was hoping that someone would read my blog, I had joined blog services like Technorati, I was trying to gain attention, yet for the most part I was posting things that was either only of my personal interest, and/or random things that had very little value.

After a while, especially after Katrina, I had activity on my blog, my entries attracted folks that interacted with me by email and some were just other bloggers. Although my posts still were random  I became more "Long winded, and felt the need to Talk to my Audience. not just sharing my world with them. but hoping they'd interact with me to continue the conversation and they did.  It was much different than the participation in the forums I was on.... Here on this blog, It was like  speaking my mind and hoping nobody I know would see it. yet hoping for a response from someone interested in the subject, whether they agreed or not.

Speaking of that, It made me feel weird when people would tell me that they've read my blog, especially if it was relatives. because  at some point my family was reading, My older eventually would contact me via text or call telling me what i should or shouldn't be posting.In his mind he figured posting things about people, or what's in the news would get me hurt or killed. He always assumes everyone knows me or something. Not the case. never was the case. Although a number of times people have been upset with me behind my posts in the past.

Due to posts as such I've ended up being confronted by people I've mentioned here, or  apologizing for  I've said about people that may or may not have been true .or having someone totally misinterpret some of the things I've said. I've also had moments where I felt like "This is My blog I can say what I want to" which is partly true. but there will always be some kind of backlash that goes beyond the feedback pertaining to the subject matter.

Things as such  remain the reason that i don't share my blog beyond those those who directly visit it.. Although my blog is public, when I write I never invite people to read my posts. Over the years, I stopped blogging so much due to The Social media boom.  It gave other ways to be more random, shirt handed even quicker. so I wouldn't post here as much. yet on those other services I've realized  that everything you say can be easily lost. meanwhile this blog is a repository of greatness (and randomness).. It represents me... It's why I never got rid of it.

As I've stated before, I'm not a writer. I'm a blogger.This is the place where I am able to clear my head. It is my stress reliever. it is where my emotions are expressed. where I can ask questions that i really don't want answered. and lastly. I don't have to feel bad about being wrong.

I appreciate those who have come here to challenge my thoughts in  the past because it keeps me going. It helps me learn from my mistakes and or see things in a more open minded way. because I can admit that I'm closed minded about things .. otherwise I just have a crazy imagination... in essence, those of you who have been here. whether you've participated or not. I'm glad you're still here.

I may not be the best writer in the world, but I am a better writer than I was when I started this blog.  which Ironically is 10 years old too,  Well, I think I've said enough.


- The Book 

No comments: