Sunday, January 08, 2017

Black Conscious Debacle

There’s nothing wrong with considering yourself woke, conscious, enlightened, awakened, etc. Especially if it makes you a better person. But to begin to use the knowledge to belittle folks, It becomes a problem. The Problem Worsens when you associate your new found awareness with the propaganda of special interest groups.


I've spent years researching for self-enlightenment, and I've come to the conclusion that there's a limit to Black Consciousness. This is simply because the info is usually presented in a bias fashion. Bias not only by race but by the disposition of the responsible sects. Most of all, Many of these individuals use their higher intelligence in a boastful manner. They become rude and disrespectful, especially toward women. I'm not a fan of that.


Black people are openly expressing themselves with a great passion they were in back the 1960s & 70s. Some have taken upon African and Arabic aliases. Some have ditched their religions. They're even claiming to be more self-aware. This is because they follow the black conscious movement. It’s great that they thirst for knowledge. It's just bad that they've chosen to limit themselves to the subject of race.

The problem I have with the black conscious movements are simple. Followers spend their time challenging the beliefs and traditions of their peers. Questioning their intelligence brings verbal abuse. I'd respect their mission if they had respect for others.

In our community, Motivating positive actions to resolve to real problems is not easy. Addressing the problem is easy not for the individuals who blame race, religion, and government for their problems. When attempting to mobilize the conversation gets taken over by folks who would rather incite a riot. From there, everything becomes personal attacks or turns into a racist tirade. If you're going to start the conversation, it's not okay to troll the people who have a different opinion.

Confirmation bias causes them to share things they agree with, They refer to this as dropping science. The truth is that they recycle information without proper research.


In my opinion, folks getting hoodwinked into joining cults
This includes those who claim to be Anti-Religion. They're actually solely anti-Christian. They promote all the anti-Christian rhetoric from any source they find. On the contrary, they openly share the thoughts of Malcolm X, Elijah Muhammad, and Non-Christians when it confirms their beliefs,



Today's movement has been proclaimed by people who feel that a Christian can't be Conscious. Those folks are simply bound by the propaganda of Black Nationalism, Pan-Africanism, and all these other movements that desire to reject religion.

Steve Biko would be furious if he were alive today. All he wanted was people to be aware of themselves and the world around them. Biko was a pastor who thought outside the box. He practically founded the black conscious movement.
Today's black conscious leaders are generally close-minded. They don't want to bridge the racial divide their moments are separatist.



In the early 2000’s I spent years researching organizations like the NOI, The BPP. The Moorish Science Timple and black Masonic Groups. I've read books, watched speeches, and documentaries featuring leaders of those groups. Accessing the information was great, but with this new knowledge, I decided to research interest of old. Doing so led me beyond the realm of black consciousness, from there everything got more interesting. It got to the point where I realized that higher conscious was beyond the racial war and I was just scratching the surface of something which has many levels


A major factor was when I began following the blogs and forum posts of knowledge seekers. For them, It was more about connecting the dots to the elements that make up the universe. I don't always agree with it. But I keep and open mind about it.

I will continue to research because I love the challenge. I take it all in stride and stay in my lane. I don’t have to claim a specific sect to be one with self, I'm beyond that. I’ve opened my mind up to the odd bits of life without losing my sense of self, nor religion the essence of my being.
There are so many other things I could say regarding these subjects. But I’ll save those specifics for another thread.


- Book

No comments: