Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Legendary King of Rockabilly Chuck Berry has passed away!

I was introduced to Chuck Berry's music through Movies like "Back to the Future" which used "Johnnie B. Goode" as a signature tune.
If you remember the scene from the dance when Marty plays it. "Hey Chuck, I think this is the sound you've been looking for!"

There was also My Ding-a-Ling. I grew up thinking it was a Christmas song due to it always playing around Christmas. It was Hilarious yet explicit, yet also clean enough for children to sing without consequence. LOL! It was our Alma Mater LOL!

When I was a little bitty boy,
My grandmother bought me a cute little toy
Silver Bells hanging on a string
She said it was my Ding-a-ling-a-ling!

I know his catalog of music goes way beyond that, those are the ones that stand out to me due to my upbringing. I've his videos and things over the years. I've even seen Mos Def portray him in a movie.

Thank you, Chuck Berry, for your contribution to Music in the 20th Century!

- Book!

No comments: