Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Had to bring it up eventually

Today, I not only explained to the folks in my frat why the site wasn’t up and running. as well as my plans for the site as it relates to public and private sectors of the org.

That Reason of course is because Ning no longer allows free networks  and that I can not afford to pay for hosting myself therefore it was closed. to me it didn’t matter anyway because our facebook group outweighed the ning site in members by a long shot.

Along with that I let them know of some ideas that were running through my head to support the structure of our organization internally. Things such as creating a private database for member only access. it can be done.  it’s just a matter of time, participation and recourses.

I had to let these folks know that what we have under our belt is a Brand. Brands are meant to be marketed publically and there’s a way to Market this brand without giving out any internal information. The whole point of having a website is to make information public to inform the people of what our organization is about,

Aside from that I basically expressed my concern over situations involving prospect members and acceptance. mainly asking to implement official home based winter and spring lines for prospects who may not have a chapter at their schools. those things are vital to the presence of the org.

I’m no expert when it comes to these things, but as the organizations “publicist” it’s my duty to bring forth certain information to the public as a reflection on organization’s image.

Generally, all I'm trying to do is create a general web presences of the organization,

As for this entry. it says little to nothing about the org itself other than my plans really.

No comments: