Monday, June 10, 2013

Standards & Basic Fundamentals

Basic Fundamentals should always be taught in school, but teaching "the standard" and things that may be "Proper" is difficult.  It’s when they learn the standard, they can't necessarily apply it all because by that time they really start using it., the standard changes.

Example: typing on a typewriter without looking at the keys was the proper thing to do. Eventually that became doing the same with the PC,  you'll never see somebody teaching how to properly type on an ipad; especially if you had to do it without looking. LOL! Why? because there is no proper way to do it. as long as it gets the job done.

There was also a method about words per minute. Obviously most PC Users at this time aren't great at typing. Whether with or without error, we type with either one or two hands.  I personally am a left handed typist. I can type maybe 60 WPM with my left hand while my right hand is commonly used for Backspace, Enter & The Mouse. 

As you can tell by now I'm a bit of a long winded writer, No I'm not the greatest writer in the world, but I manage to get through it when my thought process is here to do it.

My reason for even writing all of this was basically to say that there is more than one way to do everything. The reason we learn the standard is to break the standard. Standards change, What is Proper also changes, So does all traditional learning processes.

Change in inevitable.

No comments: