Thursday, December 08, 2016

Professional Accountability on HBCU Campuses

I found myself today, commenting on a friends video concerning the status of his Alma Mater, Southern University. The video regarded his time as an employee of the university. Although he mentions various personal issues with the people he's had pleasure and displeasure of working with. Travis touches on subjects such as working with students, staffers, funding campus organizations, infrastructures, and other issues that are plaguing the campus

After watching, I shared my thoughts I didn't do it for likes, nor to be trolled for my association to another school. I posted in agreeance with him. TJ is very concerned about his alma mater and has the right to speak on his experience. It takes a bold person to testify, TJ is just the one to do it.

Here's the video:



My response is as follows:

There are high school bands in a greater financial situation) than many HBCU bands. Last year, I was introduced to a Georgia High School's Band budget of over $130,000, to overview as an example of raising funds for my non-profit, and just It's that serious. 
I listened from a general point of view. It's true, When showing up on SU's campus, you get a whiff of the issues, either visually and by meeting students. I seek no validation for my this because it doesn't concern me, 
Our black schools are in turmoil due to selfish people in power, They don't care for the wellbeing of the students. "I'm sorry bruh, that's on you." But at the end of the day, they get their checks and go home. It's No accountability, Shining it up and making it look pretty can only do so much.

It's likely someone will come against me, but that's fine, I don't have the answers, but I'm interested in the subject, TJ spoke from the heart, my response is only a concurrence,

- Book

No comments: