Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tigger's Was put to sleep

Today, was weird and controversial, a lot of words said, yet much unsaid from my mom. My sister came over today and decided to have the dog serviced, She ended up taking him to the SPCA and having him put down. The dog had been suffering from issues that he's had since forever. In the past 4 years, Tigger became blind, massive skin infections and worms. He was constantly in pain.

Putting Tigger to sleep was a thought on all our minds over the past month or so. But the way it was brought up today was unfair to my mom. She had no say so in the decision. My dad was happy about it. He made a big deal about dog's existence all the time, especially when trying to take care of the Tigger's needs.

Earlier today, due to all the talking my Dad, Older Brother and Sister did. My brother Ceion became upset and went off, Ceion feels that nobody should have to tell him anything regarding the dog due to him being the one coming to the dog's aid mostly. It wasn't fair to him today. To wake up and told to come take a ride to get the dog euthanized. He was upset about that, so he spoke out. My mom was upset but said absolutely nothing.

My mom took her ride to work as my sister and dad took the dog to the SPCA. My sister explained to my mom after calling a Vet, that the SPCA would be the best option. Once at the SPCA, they gave my sister the decision to have Tigger euthanized, or to let the dog live there until someone decides to adopt. The only issue with that is, the dog's condition would probably make the other dogs sick. He was put to sleep around 4 pm today.


My mom called up only to hear that he was euthanized. She's is very upset because it ruined her day. Ceion felt that mom should have been able to have the final say. I personally don't know what to think. I really didn't want the dog to be put to sleep. I do however believe it was time for it to happen.
The dog was nearly lifeless. Beyond sitting in one spot, he'd just walk around the house rubbing his body against the walls trying to soothe his wounds.

He'd scratch his infected and dry skin until he bled. Tigger was blind, his ears were also disfigured. My dad didn't make situations any better. At this point, it's over.

I have a headache so, I'll be ending this one NOW.

Rest on Tigger Ice!

No comments: