Sunday, January 20, 2008

LSU Fans | Hate New Orleans Blacks




Notice how NONE OF THEM state where they live
WHY? Because they're NOT from New Orleans, They're from JEFFERSON PARISH. Those people are NOT TRUE NEW ORLEANIANS, They only claim N.O when something Good is going on.

Actually That One guy was right at some point about the people beating the system, at the same time, Those rules did apply in the projects. . Its just that the HANO system has been Corrupt for a very long time. therefore rules were not enforced or they were overlooked.

What he said about the Transitional housing is true. It's not made for General purposes, but when you can't afford to move out, Thats How things tend to happen. There isn't much of a real estate market in New Orleans. Most Owned housing here is just as outdated as the projects. EVEN BEFORE KATRINA IT WAS THAT WAY. so why buy or even rent those places when you can SAVE UP and BUILD your own.. most people don't think that way but it could happen.

As for those other folks .. They're talking but they are in Just as bad of a shame. Mr. "I Do Air Condition Work" ... . For an LSU Fan or Grad who I assume OWNS a House. How could he Own a House doing "Air Condition Work" .. Oh .. I guess he makes a lot of money because he's Learned That Trade from The Big LSU. .. I don't think there's an "Air Condition Work" Class at LSU my friend.
HAS NO ROOM TO TALK!

Just because a person lives in the Projects doesn't mean that they cant afford to own Necessities or personal entertainment products

I lived 20 years in the projects, I didn't Have a big screen, nor did I always have Cable. Yet I Did have The Internet. Why? because by Then Times Had Changed, PC's were Affordable and It also was a Need in the Household.

I Also Owned A VCR, DVD players, A Car, Fish Tanks and Gaming Systems, Microwaves, Fire Extinguishers, Radio's, Ipods. Musical Instruments, Washers. Dryers Stoves, Refrigerators and Multiple Air Conditioners, Books, Clothes, Beds, And The Furniture and NOT AN ITEM WAS RENTED...

With That Said

There is No Such Thing as a List of Items That Low-Income Residents should or shouldn't Own.

You Have people who Own Homes who cant afford the High Gas prices.. Why have a car if you're not willing to pay for the gas? Same Situation Right?

As for me, In the 90's was a come up for my Family, My Grandma and Grandpa Moved in to Homes in which they own, now they're deceased and that home is the Family House.But By the time They even owned a home, Grandpa was retired and My grandma was getting ready to.. in the Mid 90's i had Aunts who had Lived in Houses they didn't own. Now they own homes. sameas a few cousins of mines that was way before katrina. Now I have 2 sisters that own homes. tell me that ain't how were supposed to live. THATS transitioning.. and yeah my Family has lived in Public housing since the 60's. and 3 generations came up that way. Did We Survive? HELL YEAH!

Note From The Book

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Excuse me,
I am a LSU fan (and a native New Orleanian-born and raised) and I don't hate blacks. I am also glad that the projects are being torn down. People deserve to live in better circumstances than the projects provided. If they had opened them right after the storm, I would have been all for it but people are settled now. Let us take this opportunity to make a BETTER New Orleans. Poor people deserve decent housing too. Let SOMETHING good from all the suffering the broken levees caused.

Book said...

I'm Also glad they're being torn down. Those buildings were old and rotting. two years after Katrina nobody shouldn't live in those conditions. even before the storm you had major problems.

In fact I've blogged about how I was For The Reopening during 06, but after going back in there to really see how it's rotted. its no use of going back in to them.

The only problem I really see now is, If they build Smaller buildings in those same areas. We'd be at a larger risk of flooding and more people will lose everything. especially if these buildings are one story buildings.

I just hate it when people who haven't lived in the city talk as if they came up in the exact same environment to know what's happening in the next mans household.

we all weren't Thugs, Alcoholics and Drug addicts. but thats the way that people on the outside see it.

There are people who assume that just because a person is living in the projects that they are There just Trying to beat the system. IMO If thats the case they're only hurting themselves. It's more money spent Renting those things than to own a home. people don't realize that.


but yeah. I like what that one guy said because he was right. My brother and I even talked about that. and so have other folks in my family. The whole purpose is for Temporary usage. I'd love to see Mixed Income neigborhoods.


But It wont stop Crime like people think it will. in fact 200+ People were Murdered in the City in 2007.

For Years People have blamed the Projects for The High Crime in the City. The Projects have Nothing to do with it. It's The Mentality of the Person who makes the choice to live that way. so Even without the Projects The Neighborhoods are still going to be full of crime. So That Beats the "This is a safe new Orleans neighborhood" theory.

People have been Robbed/Killed in just about every part of the city before the storm. and even after the storm with out the projects it's still happening.

For Me, it's all about Getting those folks from under those bridges. In fact one man even Made a Slick remark about the folks under the bridges. and well.

THAT situation could happen to anyone, Katrina was and still is a Living Testimony

Thanx for reading

Unknown said...

Book,
Thank you for the long response. I agree with you totally. And you are right, people that don't know New Orleans can never understand the city. It certainly never stops them from giving their opininion though, does it.