Friday, December 16, 2005

Throwback Photo


This Picture was taken Summer 1995 at Medard H. Nelson School During Project Success Camp. As you can see Im Standing with Marc Morial, at that time he Just Became the New Mayor of New Orleans, later in his term as N.O's mayor he became the Mayor of Mayors. Now He's The President of Urban League. Thats how you know this pic is old .. 10 year have passed. I was 10 years old on that pic. now i'm 21. As you can see I had a Pink Shirt on... (yeah I stated the Trend.. J/P) Pink and Green was actually Our Projects Success program Colors. I think its because The Lady who Got the Shirts made was an AKA.

Yeah. I wish i had another picture of the full shirt. It had a Green Road Runner on the front that said "Medard H. Nelson Project Success" Our School Colors were Green & White but we added Gold to that list of colors also..lol


The Wild thing about this is, on that day we attended a field trip so I brought my camera. I didn't know that there was gonna be a mayors rally during lunchtime. We'll Right after Morial Stepped off stage. I Just got out of my seat and i went to ask him ig he if I could take a picture with him... He said Yes. and got one of his staff to snap the picture. And right after that, I remember My Cousin Kevin Getting Out of his seat yelling "YEAH JOSH!!!" ..lol I was the popular kid on campus for the rest of the month. They all was like "How does it feel to meet/take a picture with the mayor?" .. My answer was "It Felt Regular" ..Man.. Marc Morial was one of the best mayors New Orleans ever had.

No comments: