Tuesday, November 28, 2006

That Bonquisha & Otis: "Chrismas Blues" Skit

very Year around Christmas time Q93 would play the one of the Funniest skits i've ever heard. It's a Christmas skit called "Christmas Blues" I hadn't Heard it in a few years, They sure didn't play it in Houston Either so To me I thought it was a New Orleans Thang....

It seems like Everyone is looking for an MP3 of it But Nobody knows who The Artist/comedian is. In fact I think it was more than one skit also.

My Guess was always Arsenio Hall, The Reason is because it sounds like something he would do..lol

The Skit goes something like this ...

Otis goes out to get some things to eat for the holiday...
When Gets to Bonquisha's Place, He Begs her to open the door because its cold outside and he has loads of groceries that he's trying to get out.of his hand.

Bonquisha is just a character .. she doesn't say anything

I don't remember many of the Quotes but here is what i can remember

"Hello' I would like to Speak to Bonquisha... Yes This Is Otis"
"I said Self It was worth it, and Myself Answered Back, yes it was real worth it."
"I Got some Cold Duck Baby, You Need to open the door he Quackin'"

I remember him mentioning  Big Blue Crabs ..lol
Its Real funny and it only plays on the Rap stations on the radio.

When listening. ..In my head I could imagine Otis being a Dark Black guy in his mid to late 30's with a Brown Grocery bag standing outside while Bonquisha is peaking' threw the door cracks..lol with Dukey Braids or Rollers in her hair ..lol

Im Not Sure if it is Arsenio Hall, But Because everyone seems to be searching for the "Bonquisha and Otis" Christmas Skit" I know the name of it is "Christmas Blues"

If I hear it on Q93 this year I'll be listening for an artist..

3 comments:

Tanesia said...

The song about Bonquisha and Otis is called "Xmas Blues" and is by Big Tyme from the Quad City DJs. The song is featured on "Allstar Christmas"(1996) by the group and can also be downloaded on Bearshare.

P.S. I am from the N.O. area as well and have been looking for the song myself. Happy Hunting and have a blessed holiday season.

Book said...

YEah I know, After I made the post I had to look it up some more.. and then I wrote about it again..

I even posted it on Yahoo answers and then someone came after me and Basically Cut and pasted My own post there *which was this below*

Check out this post here
here

Book said...

I dont fool with P2P's I'd rather get it from Myspace .. I've dealt with too Many System Failures in the past, some of my own, many of other folks ..lol...