Friday, March 18, 2011

Testing a Torrent Program

Earlier this year, after making some Band DVD’s  Someone wanted me to send him a DVD, I told him I’d send him the ISO file when im complete. Unfortunately I couldn’t do that due to sites being unable to host large files like that with out a wait.  At that time the guy asked if I dealt with Torrents.  I told him no because I wasn’t familiar with them.

well, Now that I’m in the process of learning, I guess I will attempt to send him the file through the torrent site.  I’m still not quite sure how the information is published but I do see how it’s searched. I’m guessing he’ll be downloading from a server with the file held on it rather than my PC. I’ll have to check.

I downloaded uTorrent. If I can’t figure this out, I’ll just uninstall it.

Currently I’m defragging my PC.  I’ll write here later on today

No comments: