Friday, December 21, 2007

Tear it down!

.. if only yall knew that was a lyric in a song ..lol

Anyway...

So They're gonna Tear the 4 biggest hoods down, Thats not a bad thing though. The Buildings sat it bad shape for two years only to Keep rotting. Its TIME for them to go, cant do much about them anyway man. All i can say to it is that The Fight is not over Nor is the struggle for BETTER living conditions as a whole in the city goes. In My Opinion, The Council made the right choice. But at the same time, I could see that they were Not On Huds said, Nor really on the Peoples Side. Two Years have past and the term "immediate or immediately" shouldn't have have been used In Trying to get the Units open. Why? because "Immediately" Just wont happen Today or Tomorrow. . Ya know what im saying?

In my heart I know im gonna miss my old hood. But at the same time, I wouldn't want to go back to it. Mainly because of the "Project Mentality" in the people what i'm talking about is the the Criminal side to it all. I wouldn't want to have my nieces and nephews to come up to see what they have seen before. Just imagine. My Nieces were young when they firsts had to run home because they heard Gunshots near by and Then having to witness a dead body afterwards . I Have Never seen a man get Killed ,,. I Only saw dead bodies every now and then. . its a shame when you see that crap. it spooks ya out.

I'd NEVER want to live amongst that. So if this it what the city wants to avoid "The Project Beast" .. than so be it mayne...

Tear'em down .. But I Expect BETTER.. not CHEAPNESS

1 comment:

Darwin BondGraham said...

Damn man, interesting take. I only hope that people can still find a way home, but I hear what you're saying about the projects being hard places, not wanting to go back there....

Let's hope all the agitation and resistance has at least forced the City to make concessions that will guarantee a better deal for working families.