Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rest In Peace Teddy Pendergrass


When I got the news that he died, this song was the first to come to mind.  why? Not only because  it was played nearly ever day every hour during the Gulf War or that it was the Army’s Recruitment advertisement Video tune. but on the Day I came back to New Orleans in 2006, It was one of the first song I’d always hear on Morning Radio.

The IMO  Song represents a generation of people who wanted change and had the power to do it. and they Sang about Life, what’s real, and what needs to be done. and its wild because we're in a world where everything is broken and needs to be fixed...

Teddy Pendergrass is a legend. I came up on many of tunes, Slow Jams at the most part.
As well as Having heard his music played by marching bands all over South

Some of my favorites Listed Below
it’s just wild man… When I got up, I thought about Greg asking me for some Harold Melven and The Blue Notes,,,, and the fact that Josiah would always  say the name of that group should have been “Teddy Pendergrass and The Blue Notes”. .. lol

Rest In Pece Teddy P. .. Long Live his Music.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: