Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Misuse of the term "Ground Zero"

Every time I see a headline or hear someone on the news us "Ground Zero" as a description of the WTC Bomb site. I get angry because it's almost disrespectful to the families of those who died.  "Ground Zero" is a Military term saying "X marks the spot where the bomb has dropped / disaster struck) yet out of ignorance its used freely to describe The WTC Location. IMO  calling it sacred grounds is a Complete display of ignorance. There are other areas in the world where bombs have dropped and are called "ground zero" to this day 

as i mentioned in a past entry. Its all these arguments over  the Mosque.. and folks saying it shouldn't be there because its Sacred Ground. What if those Muslims feel the same way? you're already accusing them of being terrorist by not allowing them to have a place of worship..  The sad part is that There are srip clubs and sex shops in the area and apparently it's okay to have those things there.

I don't think people care about religion or religious beliefs, they only care about worldly goods and gain. I'm a Christian and I sure would feel played if I was denied my right to worship.

That's all I have to say about it..

No comments: