Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fooling Around with the OS.

So I tried these two Live CD’s, Neither worked, one just wasn’t in English so I gave up on it.
The First was Google Android Live CD. I loaded it on to my brothers laptop. after loading the data screen it would crash.   I threw it out after 3 attempts.

The Next was Knoppix. I was told that this was the best Linux based Live CD to date. but for me, It took too long to load, and also It wasn’t fully in English so I threw this out this morning after numerous tries over night. I’ll probably download another one today just to test out Virtual Box.

Speaking of Virtual Box, That Program is BOSS! . It was my first time using it and I love it. I originally installed it on the 7. but just for safety reasons. I didn’t go beyond creating a virtual Drive for it.  but I Did it on the XP because that’s a PC / OS I experiment on a lot.
The Problem with that is.. The PC Shuts completely off at times. I guess it’s due to ram overload. It’s an XP with 512 Ram and being on Firefox takes up majority of the page file usage..  usually it goes out when I'm saving Games on Stronghold Crusader. But that’s all I ever use it for anyway.

At this point All I’m doing now is awaiting a power box so I can fix this compaq pc with vista OS, I plan on taking down the XP and using the Vista as the Test PC next. back it up, I’ll install Virtual Box and some other things to tune it up before I get comfortable with it again.

Hopefully I’ll be able to edit HD videos on it. I don’t think it had the ability to play the HD videos on its own without adding new codec. Which I did do long before it gave out on us. That piece should be here within the next week.

I have time to figure all of that out.

No comments: