Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Doing This Resume Got Interesting

I was up All night filling out this resume at Louisiana Works HiRE page.
The Automated Service portion helped me choose fields of expertise. It also forced me to realize how my education does not reflect anything I've ever done. The job titles merely describe what I was hired to do, but They don't reflect the positions I've held.

I've taken part in a lot of things adapting roles for free, but I'm not officially qualified to do any of the jobs I've ever done. I have no degrees. Yeah, That's my fault though. My lack of education can't be justified. being unemployed so long can't be justified either. Though I've volunteered many places. I haven't been in a paid situation in years. My talents have granted me random opportunities to freelance.

The Reasons I haven't worked. 
I fear injury. I have had problems with my spine since forever, there are things I can't legally do. So I haven't disclosed that information in my resume. I'm not clinically disabled nor medically handicapped. (Same thing, right?) I have yet to visit a doctor to determine my medical status. Though I had surgery on my lower back in 2003, I still live in pain.

My Skills don't reflect My Education.
Most of the things I've done were all granted to me for the things I've shown that I can do. Yet I have no track record of employment nor in the education field that says I can officially take on the job. I'm a college drop out still paying back what I owe. 


I Told the Truth on my Resume
Yet I'm not prepared. That's my downfall. I'm talented. That's all I can offer is what I can do. Without direct and consistent proof, nobody will hire me. Volunteerism helps, but It's not compensation. 

I just wanna be free!
- Book



No comments: