Monday, January 15, 2007

More on My MLK day


I ended of with saying I was being Interviewed ..Yeah.. Riiight... I was, but you know it was somebody's form of Independent media. I didn't say Much. and I sure wasn't thinking much because of everyone looking at me ... other than that, me and my boy Bonose was getting a trip out of it all.

I'm in the mist of doing a few things like editing the little amount of footage I have and other things, It still wont be online no time soon.

I don't know how it (the hood rally/ambushing/cleaning) ended because I left the neighborhood before 4pm.

Yall just don't know how good it felt just to walk down old Milton Street again.

The whole time I was thinking of how many people Died from that side of the hood during the storm... Babies....everybody

The 3800 block of St. Bernard is the Old side.. thats the side that the rally and everything took place. At first Project Police were "Policing" the area..lol and then they let people do what they want. .. WHY? because they were Gutting and Cleaning their PERSONAL Apartments .. NOT LOOTING like everyone likes to say.. Yep I was even passing out Mops Brooms and Buckets.

People were HAPPY...

You gotta realize though. Many of the Residents fighting for the St. Bernard were already in there Own/Rented homes now and dont really NEED to return to the St. Bernard. All we really want is to see an active neighborhood again. One that we can visit and see people we know. The neighborhood is a convenience to anyone who lives in N.O. because its only One bus from the hood to down town. No more that two bus rides away from Anywhere in the city. and Its the First thing you see when u come in to New Orleans, and its also a gateway out of New Orleans for drivers heading to Meterie and beyond. WE the people want our hood back because of just that.

I saw the crew from this NO Public Access show "The Ballet or the Bullet".. They are for anything Black and positive. but the bad part is that they tend to put everything on racisim and thats not always the case. I know that these black folks aren't scared to speak their mind up in any situation. but they do have to look at the recent marches and THIS day for being MLK day too. People of ALL races were out for US. who are US?? "Black People" ..

lol .. yall, This Kinda Reminds me of that Creole thing I was talking about where some people want to Claim they are "this and that" but on days like Today being MLK day they are all "Black and Proud" ...lol

But hey.. MLK didn't fight for BLACKS, he wanted PEACE and EQUALITY for EVERYBODY...

Solidarity in New Orleans foks .... Keep it up

I need a new Camera y'all. .. something with 30 gigs of space and Affordable ..lol Affordable as in FREE..lol

Help A Brotha Out!

Note From The Book

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a righteous sentiment.