Saturday, December 22, 2007

My Cousin Got Killed?



This has got to be the worst crap thats happened in my family so far. My cousin Chanel, was shot and killed near my aunts home. It's sad, seems like all this odd crap has been happening since my Grandma died.

We didn't see the news report when it happened, It just so happens that my mom got a call from my aunt telling her about the situation.. my mom said "The Blood of Jesus. That Devil is a Lie" and therefore I knew something was wrong. from there. my mom left to go see what was going on.

Of all things, Today was the first day I saw my New Nephew. .. It's sad, We have more lives coming in to the family and One More Gone.

This time.. Death by Murder, .. The First of its kind in this family. **GOD BE WITH US!!**

and In My Heart I wanted it to be false info, I just called my mom.. she said it's true too

I only have 2 pictures of her on my PC. The one above is the better picture

... Check the Report below..

This Nola.com Report says it all


*photo from Nola.com*

Woman is shot to death near 7th Ward home

by Staff reports *NOLA.COM*
Saturday December 22, 2007, 10:40 PM

A New Orleans woman was fatally shot Saturday night shortly after leaving her home in the 7th Ward, police said.

Shortly after 9 p.m., police received a report of shots fired and found the 21-year-old woman on the sidewalk near the corner of North Dorgenois and Onzaga streets suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to the back, said officer Sabrina Richardson, a Police Department spokeswoman.
The woman, who lived in the 2500 block of Onzaga, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim's identity was withheld pending notification of family.
While police did not have a motive or suspect in the shooting, a car was heard speeding away from the scene after the shots were fired, Richardson said.
The murder was the city's second in just over 24 hours, following the shooting death of a local man Friday night in Central City.


Pray for my family, Troubles have come our way and all we can do is fight it.
Oddly enough I've just started filling Her moms Ipod with Music for Christmas.
Sadly we have to get ready for a funeral to end the year. Why my Family?

I don't know. Y'all.. I cant say nothing about it anymore.. to me this has hit HOME ...Thats MY family. I love My family.and we cant go through this any longer.

Rest In Peace, Chanel Sanchell
You Will Be Missed


y'all just don't know how sad I feel just writing that....


The Time on this blog post is early because i opened my browser to blog 2 hours ago (its 12:46am Dec. 23rd now officially. I had my browser open but i had been talking to a friend of mines about the situation. .. Wow man..


Note From The Book

5 comments:

Ben Greenberg said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. May you somehow find comfort. Peace and strength to you all.

Book said...

Thanx Ben Greenberg!

My Mom Went to talk to her mom along with some of their other sisters.

They she said that She had just eaten and gotten a brand new phone from her mom as an early gift. then when someone knocked at the door callin her out. With in 5 minutes 4 shots Rang out and my aunt said she started to Trimble, hoping it wasnt my her daugter. Unfortunately neighbors broke the news to her ..

Terns out she went Out and around the corner and i guess after she turned her back to walk away, 4 shots were fired to her back. one going straight through her heart Killing her instantly.

(just about to repost this as a single entry too)

Bigezbear said...

I am so sorry for what has happened to your family. Just as there are no words that could have induced this tragedy, there are no words of full comfort anyone can offer in its place. My prayers are with you and yours.

Anonymous said...

My prayers and heart goes out to your family.Its sad that this had to happen to a sweet person,I still remember we used to play basketball together at Phillip jr high.May you rest in peace.-Shay

Mark Folse said...

This comes late, but I just want to tell you how sorry I am to read this narrative. I posted all the names of people who died by violence in New Orleans on my blog toulousestreet.wordpress.com on the day that SilenceIsViolence.org had there thing at City Hall. Not a day goes by I don't get visitors to my site who are people looking up someone on that list.

Yesterday, someone came looking for Channell. She is not forgotten. None of them are forgotten.