Thursday, September 08, 2005

New Orleans Pro and Street Musicians

This is for Katrina Survivors

I got this in the email


I'm helping to gather info on the safety of New Orleans musicians and I've
had a request concerning the TCB Brass band. There was a mention of them on your
blog. Can you help with any info on the members of the group or they're
current whereabouts? Friends are worried.

Mike Luster
Louisiana Folklife Festival
611A Roselawn Ave
Monroe, LA 71201

318-503-1618 cell
Luster@aol.com
www.LouisianaFolklifeFest.org

My Email To Luster

I talked to some of the members who are in the Astrodome
now. they say that everyone is safe. I think they all will be in houston soon.
Joe (one of the trombonists) said that he talked to one of the
other street musicians (i believe he's a saxophonist) and they all are
trying to get new instruments & things. Hopefully they'll keep it going.

I'll give Joe that number. when I see him.

He emailed me back saying that the Red Cross were at a shelter in Austin was looking to see that they were safe.

Well I Found that this Isnt Only for the TBC Brass bands. But for All N.O's Musicians, Especialy the ones who performed on Famous City Streets.

Call Mike Luster Here 318-503-1618

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you made it dude ... sorry about your cousin .

Hope things work out fast for you guys at New Orleans.