Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Quick Run through

My Name is Joshua Cousin. I am a Survivor of Katrina. Not only the storm but the Flood after.

Riding out the hurricane was fine. Strong winds for 3 days knocked down houses & trees and EVERYTHING ELSE.. Well while my building stood strong we just looked at the wind currents from my hallway. The waters were still low. We had fun sticking our heads out in the rain .. It was some fun. Unfortunately that fun became tragedy.. One of the my older cousins who rode out the storm in my house .. He was the only loss in our family (so far) Gregory Estes.... He was cool people. The whole time he was at my house , he read the bible. And quoted it also. He was studying to be a church deacon. .. He talked about how he loved his family as a whole. .. He even said it himself. "if the lord wants me to die , he'd take me out in this hurricane" he also said that " This is Me & My Kids First real hurricane and I Know they'll remember this for the rest of their lives" ... He was jolly the whole day. Until he realized that one of his kids were a my cousins......... He walked his way through 3 or 4 foot of water. He got to a lower lying area where waters were about 8 to 12 feet ..He died while trying to save a boys life. He was on is way to save his daughter & drowned. YEAH ITS SAD!!! .. He left behind 8 kids. When we made it here (in Houston) we told his mom and everything, they were devastated.


Uhh.... All we could do is hope that he was alive and stop worrying and crying .. So we rode out the storm 4 more days at home.. Those were some long nights .. The water kept rising........ Coast guards and Residents who found boats came to get residents to the interstate from the time the Rescue mission started from the time we made it to the Interstate. .......... Wild stuff.. Sleeping on the interstate is rough... That Military food was great though..

we all shacked up our group to get on the busses.. We also left our dog behind which broke our heart...

we took that ride though the city. There were dead bodies and overflowed homes through out the whole thing.. Everything was flooded Until you got to the French quarters.........Yet Canal street, Tulane areas looked like .. Well Canals. We passed up Charity hospital only to find all windows blown out .. Later we found out that they will be closing it down. .. We all cried because Charity hospital is THE BEST HOSPITAL IN THE WORLD .. My WHOLE family was born there .. Well after it was built..LOL

YYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHH

The Buss stopped in Lafayette.. I wanted to go to Opelousas by My Future wife bethany.. She also thought I was dead Until I called her.

same as other family .. Like my brother who attends Texas Southern University.. He came to the dome .. I've seen so many childhood friends its wild..........

I don't know man .. Its so much .. I've talked to many people about the storm.. And god and why this happened .. Its crazy .. I'll have more next time.

.... I talked to FEMA they're having connection problems... I'll go back later though

OHH!! Shout out to SWACFANS.com members for wanting to help me out ... ..

Same to the member of the other Forums I'm on ....Wow.. Its wild yall ..


NOTE FROM THE BOOK

No comments: