Friday, May 26, 2006

Keeping The K

Here is something I said, replying someone to s subject on My JFK High School Band Egroup...

I Feel that The Name & every thing that created the pride & tradition should stay, so that when it opens We'd still have Kennedy.

Look at Fortier. All their Alumni/Former Students have now is A memory and a Building that used to be... Alcee Fortier's, no more fortier "Home Comings" Right? .. How Could you have Graduated from a School that Dosent exist.

When I first created this website back in 02 , I was told by Mr. Kirksy ( of the JFK tech Dept.) that I did a great thing by starting the website. because it holds memories and is good to sumble upon if anythin' were to bad occur with the school.
From thare he told me a story about a lady who attended a High school back in the 70's that was destroyed in a tornado and they tore it down years after she graduated .. she didnt have pictures or records other than a high School Diploma that showed the the school existed, i forget the location but it was somewhere up north.

Anyway.. Kennedy and the rest of NOPS's school (which all seem tradtional to me).. are In that position.

In a way, I want to make this website to not only be a band website but be somwhat of a space for former kennedy students to come and take a look at some old memories. and then, I want to get make this site "dot com" status... right now, its still a free site....

but this would take aload of planing & researching info from former students too.

This would eleminate the band site as being a band site. It would be more like ..**MIND GOES BLANK** .. I have all kinda of Visions y'all..
Here's The Rest of what I wanted to say about these visions...

I wouldnt mind starting a website for the people who attended New Orleans schools .. like a public forum and website that has all kinds of info with everything on it... the only hard part is that It'll be too much work trying to get that kind of Info. ..

My Vision really inclue a mass media website for the alumni and students of all school. Just for memorial purposes..





No comments: