Friday, April 16, 2010

No Funeral, No Repast

My grandfather chose to be cremated. Some of my family members are upset because of it. but my grandfathers wishes were not to have people moan and groan over a body after he’s met his demise. some of what was stated in that will will be part of his death notice.  It’s wild because he only mentions honoring his mother and father, any of his belonging were all due to my father.

In a way I was hoping to attend a funeral or memorial celebration of some kind because It seemed like the proper thing to do.  and I sure would like to meet some of my distant relatives  I believe that my grandfather put everything in place long before he died so that his family would have a burden on there hands. My Grandfather was Prepared.

With that said, our family should be thankful for that.

1 comment:

ali said...

My father has chosen to be cremated as well. I know this will not go over too well with my other siblings but, I intend to honor his wishes.
Funerals are for the living, a way to say good-bye. Most elderly, I find do NOT want their loved ones moaning and groaning over there death.
My mom told me that, if she passed do not do any "sad songs" or have a sad service in any way.
When she passed, I honored her wishes.