Monday, December 19, 2011

She’s got her discount.

So basically at this party I attended, the woman who wanted this discount tried to reason with on her financial issues and some stuff i told her a few months back.  Basically, a few months ago…BEFORE I Had a Price on the table.

She came to me asking if i would do her daughters party. I told her yeah,  for $50.  This was Long before I started printing and I realized how much it would cost ME. Now I’m at $175 and EVERYBODY is saying how cheap they think it is due to the what they’re getting out of me. I think so too.

I went up to $100. I printed 300+ pics for 100 dollars..That did not fair out so well, because I spent the whole $100 and then some on materials. i went up to $175 because at this point I’m  Printing 200+ Pics. My Ink is $30 a piece.. My Paper cost $10 per 100 sheets That $175 Takes care of what I need. I’m personally only getting $25 out of the deal after spending all on materials and I should be charging MORE due to the amount of ink actually being USED. i should be charging about $250. But I DON’T because I feel that i don’t want to break anyone's bank. you understand?… (yeah i had to say that lol)

But Back to this situation

I gave her what she wanted. But its not really even a discount. I’m just not charging her the price of some Materials.  I’m putting her Stuff on a CD,  and she’s really paying for my time.  Normally my deposit is $100, and $75 on pick up.  but since this is a $100 event. I’m going with Half and Half. I guess that’s how I'm going to do it.

Other people seem to Respect my Rates because it’s a flat rate. This woman wanted me to do her party for $50 Dollars.. Thats like asking me to come to a party, take 50 Pictures and Leave.  I’m just trying to give folks their money’s worth.

Saturday when I did this girls graduation party, I charged $125, I actually wanted to give them $25 Back simply because of the deal that i just made. but I took like 300 + Pics and They’re getting them all.  This next event. she’s gonna get 1 disk full of pictures. no telling how many that will be.

I gotta set limits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To me it's not wrong for you to charge so that you can have change in your pocket for necessities. That's the point of working. So you factored in material costs, at $25 actually being pocketed, it's not coming around to the full cost of time including travel. You have more money going out than coming in with that rate. You're not getting your money's worth. But you are nice and if you feel this is reasonable, I can not say you are wrong for it. You're simply reasonable, which will attract and retain loyal customers.