Sunday, August 23, 2015

Not a Comic Book Guy

I was never a comic book guy but I did read comic strips. I think the only two comic books I've ever purchased was a Spawn Comic Book. which sparked my interest after the movie.
Otherwise all the stories I familiarized myself with were the stories that outplayed in the cartoon series.  the only issue with that is over the years there were so many spin offs or alternate character stories that I lost interest in some of the characters. I once was a fan of.

I grew up being a fan of The Hulk due to the Bill Bixby, Lou Ferrigno show.
Superman because of Christopher Reeve.  but the cartoon versions of them.
I was introduced to the Televised Comedy version of Batman, but I grew up to understand that it was a misrepresentation of what batman had already been.  the evolution of the Batman over the years has been great though.

There were a number of versions of superheros  or iconic cartoon characters that weren't connected to DC or Marvel that were awesome too, many I cant name at the moment. even disney had their fair share of superheroes. and now with Lucas Film & Marvel that's even greater..

I can't really think of anything else at the moment so I'll end this here.

No comments: