Friday, September 09, 2005

Thanks for your support

So, I got my 15 minutes of fame eh?!
I still can't believe it was really on CNN
I Want a Copy of that broadcast.
My online buddies & forum Members have emailed me & posted on the boards about it. so many were worried and now are happy that im safe and who are also sending donations

I've received various emails of support.
Such as :


The Our World Bloggers

The Board Members SWACFans , BlaqTALK & MarchingSport

Afrochat.com's Katrina Disaster Board and the post dedicated to ME
The Founder DBlack set up a blog yesteday also.


I've received various emails of support. Thank you all.

"Youth With A Purpose" (YWAP) of Stroudsburg, PA has donated also

They all want me to make a list of what i need well ..I will say this


Someone is sending me a duffle bag so thats off the list :)

My 11 year old brother & 10 year old niece need some clothes, school supplies, book bags and things like ...........so does my other neice and nephew.



its so much to the political side of this issue.

Many of us are getting lots of support. not only from the red cross & government but average citizens around the houston area have been contributing to the relief effort. the craziest thing i've seen in here (the Dome) is how they shut down everything at between 9 & 11pm. see at about 10:30, The police officers go upstairs to the 4th floor to eat & watch TV while everyone else is on the first floor Bored as hell. But that isn't a bad thing .. the workers seem to be doing double and triple overnight shifts just to keep us safe..........

the thing with my dog

I only had 1 dog, His name was Cheddar but we called him "Chat" for short. He tried to sneak on the bus with us. but we left him on the interstate. he was a 1 year old beagle with a red/brown nose. we had a Makeshift Tag, with my sisters phone number on it. There is a pic of him biting me in this blog somehere. He had Ink from the marker we used on one of his legs. he ws limping last time we seen him because of a cut on his toe. but he did manage to jump across those concrete seperators. (they are about 3 foot high) .. he did that on 3 feet. it made me happy untill we left him all alone.


They all want to know about the Showers & Privacy .. Well this is exactly what i wrote to CNN

during the day the showers are congested so I try to take my showers during
the late night / early morning hours. it's a big lack of privacy. most of the
people here don't like to shower or take change clothes in front of another
person. in a place like this you cant help it. not to sound rude. but everyone I
talked to about showering says that they hate it when the gay people walk in the
showers. we call them "Bird Watchers" (you get the idea).


I don't think they said that on the air though (i hope they didnt say it like that)

Wanna know How I'm able to access the Internet?

There is an area called ACT Canter (Astrodome Community Technology Center.) the was set up to help people register & Find Missing family, friends & even pets who have been lost or displaced durring the evacuation. I have been using it to tell all my online friends that I'm alive. Eventually It gave me National Publicity. I Think Im The first known Blogging Survivor



speaking off that..

Will their be anyone donating PC or laptops?


there are lots of us who've lost computers in this disaster. Im just one of the few who used mines wisely . I Had a 2002 model windows xp SP2 Compaq Pesario. with that blue plastic cover & I updated frequently I had my own modifications such as a bigger hard drive and a DVD burner... dang I've even left the software to my Cameras at home ...That PC was good though . I had so much info & media stored on those things

Heres what I have to day about Access to the PC's and a good reason to donate
when i leave this place; i wont have access anymore. this would mean that I wont be blogging or anything at all. .. same with the people looking for missing members ... if you cant find them while you're here at the dome (where access is).How could you if you dont have a personal computer or net access?

I haven't heard anything about computer donations and I know there will be a need There are so many people from N.O who were just introduced to the Internet by learning how to access mail and go to websites for help & assistance.
It was so fun to see how frustration became excitement in a few seconds






some more of that what i told CNN

I've talked to so many survivors & some volounteers about this disaster &
the effects on the mind; like how things appear as rippling
waters, or when passing a body of water you'd get sick. It's
like a nightmare. Most of us are puzzled & confused. but we all came
here with a mission; That mission is to Better thamselves and as my friend
Glenn
Jackson
said "Stay on a positive track".







We'll this is whole experince is wild.

NOTE FROM THE BOOK

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask how you were getting on the internet.

Have they told you guys how long you will get to stay in the dome?

I will see if there are any links on CNN's site to the info they gave and footage about you.

Peace!

- Dan

Anonymous said...

How sad that through all the discrimination shown by the Bush administration and the Republicans at large, through this horrible disaster and the struggles that you've had, that the discrimination against people continues...even in the public showers at the Astrodome....believe me, those "gay" people as you wrote to CNN aren't looking at your "bird"s...they are as stressed out and anxious and worried about their lives as you are...try to remember that they aren't after sex ...just trying to survive. Just cuz their different than you doesn't mean their struggle for survival is any different than yours....how sad a commentary when your blog is otherwise a wonderful gift to those of us that are praying for you, wanting to help you and see you survive and be even better off...regardless of what our sexual identity is. I still keep you in my prayers. AniM in Wisconsin

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my wild bird feeding supplies site.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Check it ou homes steel house siding if your building homes go to Http://siding11.com/side.pl?y=helper