Friday, May 29, 2009

Rest In Peace Prof. George Edwards.

I was on Facebook yesterday when i got the news. Prairie View A&M Legendary Band Director Died May 28th 09. I'm not sure of the exact cause of death, but he was recently in a bad car accident a few weeks ago. according to a friend of mine He died a day after having surgery.

Although I didn't Know Edwards. I Am a fan of the band with a sound he made famous. The PVAMU "Marching Storm". News of his death spread quickly amongst bandheads across the south. What a Shocking thing to know. In Tribute to him and PV's band. I Re-posted a 1995 clip of Prairie View playing the schools Alma Mater on the band sites and facebook.

At Bandhead.org there's a thread made in his honor where Members as well as Band directors from other colleges are sharing their thoughts on Prof Edwards passing.

In The Band World, We're mourning a Great Loss of a legend.

My Condolences to the PVAMU Family.

Although a Legend has died, His Legacy Will forever live on within the Marching Storm.

1 comment:

Chari said...

RIP Prof! Your legacy lives on!