Friday, February 26, 2010

The Virus has taken over his system

looks like my brother’s pc is infected with the VirTool:Win32/VBInject.DD.. and its not going away.
After doing a few scans earlier for disk checks and also in safe mode.  I realized that it had to be a virus because the desktop never showed up. apparently the virus gained control of both the explorer and system32 executables
and it attempted to install a rogue version of visual basic… or something like that..

it constantly returns after successful removals it’s returned about 16 times as of 9:41pm today. he also had a minor malware case but that’s gone now...

Maybe because its Active…  I’ll see if i can do the same in safe mode as well that should stop it totally.
seems like one of the strongest i’ve ever come across too..

I’m also scanning with Malwarebytes to see if it detects anything.. there seems to be a load of unnecessary software on here. REMOVE DELETE LOL.. yeah buddy.. talk about STUFF! ..lol

2 comments:

Anthony said...

i gt sort of da same problem wit a virus, any tips on free antivirus nd malware programs

Book said...

The funnything is that, I was supposed to complete that "I've Detected it With" .. section .. I'll edit it in a minute. but yeah.. I dectected the other malware on my brothers pc with Malwarebytes. i do that because running The Microsoft Malware Removal Tool takes too long and is less effective. I use Microsoft Security Essentials for free virus Detection and Removal. It works FINE..and besides, its microsoft. after scanning you can view the cause and effects of the virus from the history section. it also links out to the virus definition at microsofts website....

my problem with MSE is that like any other microsoft program it begins to run after windows fully loads. which means that it wont run prior to the start up of Viruses that may Begin at Boot up..

The program runs in the background, and in the start menu.. which is good.. but at times the it eats up memory .. and if you end the process it briefly stops the program only to restart again .. Other than that.. as i said.. MSE is Very Reliable! ..LOL