Thursday, March 03, 2016

Once Again Participating in BDTH

It's that time of year again where the House of Blues Music Forward Foundation is doing it's Bringing Down The House Program. The program is for Young Artists who are aspiring to be in the music industry to gain and share knowledge from experts and each other.We have Musicians Vocal and Instrumental from diverse backgrounds and musical genres, as for me I'm just a voluntary camera man, but for the most part, I of course interact with the kids to get them to be comfortable with the camera in their faces.

We are now 2 weeks in and going on the 3rd session. I personally don't think my work was good enough in session 2. but I will make sure it's perfect for session 3. (hopefully). This year we have more Volunteers which is great. I found myself being motivated by one of the,  Darius, a guy maybe 19 or 20 who's attending Dillard University for Audio/Video Production and Theater.  We were talking about what it is we do, why and how we do it. and although I couldn't give any kind of advice to him. but after hearing about the things that I am doing,to me, is nothing compared to what he's bound to do.  What he told me was inspiring and motivating. He respected my Philosophy regarding the things that I do. event taking note of some of the things I said to him but saying "Man. You've got it, all you need to do is apply it" .. .. WHOA! .. That right there is what I CONSTANTLY need to hear.. because it's motivating and helpful   It loosely reminded me of my friend Ashley who constantly tells me she appreciates what I do.

Things like that make me want to do more. At the moment, I freelance, but i'm not licences and I don't have a "real job". I know Success requires me to have those things and I will make it happen. There's notthing to it but to do it... I'd rather hit the bump than be afraid to approach it.   Right now. That's where I am. it's not a fear..but it's the "What if"s that get to me, and constantly being told I can't ... My motivations Begins at I am doing, I Will Do, and I will BE.

I am thankful for the opportunities, but it's time I act for my own Self Assurance. It's the only way.. I can't Wait anymore. It's time to Do it.

1 comment:

Mya said...

Thanks great bblog post